Why Plan Ahead
Planning for life’s important events and milestones is something everybody already does. We plan for the arrival of our children, their graduations, important birthdays and anniversaries, as well as our own retirement. Most of us even plan for smaller things like vacations or even a trip to the grocery store.
Making sure your family knows what to do if something happens to you is one of the most important plans you can make. By talking about your wishes and planning ahead, your family will not have to make decisions that are almost guaranteed to intensify their emotional stress. You’ll also eliminate potential conflicts over what should be done, including how much to spend.
Planning ahead is easier than you think and you will have great peace of mind knowing this has been accomplished. Morris Family Services knows that this can be unpleasant to think or talk about. We do not rush or ever pressure anyone.
- Protect your family from undue stress during a difficult time
- Clearly define your final wishes and how you would like to be remembered
- Save your family from emotional over spending
Benefits of Pre-Arrangement
Planning your funeral arrangements in advance can offer you and your family a number of benefits:
- More Time to Consider Your Options – You and your family will have time to research your options and make well-informed decisions, without feeling rushed
- A Sense of Accomplishment – You’ll feel good knowing that these arrangements have been taken care of
- Fewer Family Concerns – Your surviving family members will have less to worry about in the event of your death
- The Pre-payment Option – When you pre-pay, you can lock in today’s prices. Our funeral director will explain each payment method and investment option available, and will help you make a decision that best suits you and your family
- Your Family Keeps More – When you pre-pay, your estate will owe nothing on funeral expenses. More of your assets and life insurance proceeds will go directly to your family
- Save the Amount You Need – Once you gain an understanding of all the costs involved, you can earmark a portion of your savings to cover those costs
- Fewer Last-minute Expenses – When you plan in advance, your family is less likely to incur additional expenses at the time of the funeral.
To request more information regarding Preplanning/Prearrangement, or to begin the preplanning process, please
call us at (270) 215-2597. Or, you can complete our easy On-Line Prearrangement Form now.